Marine Outboard Technician
Due to expansion, we are currently seeking a full-time experienced Marine Technician/ Outboard motor mechanic. Experience in marine mechanics is essential and Yamaha outboard experience preferred. A great attitude is a must and product-specific training will be provided to the right candidate.
With over 25 years in the marine industry and some of the most reputable brands including Yamaha, Buccaneer, AB Inflatables, Brig and Southern Boats, endless opportunities to further your skills amongst a supportive team exist.
Role responsibilities include:
- General servicing, preventative maintenance and repair of outboard engines/drives, Yamaha WaveRunners & trailers
- Expert diagnosis, repair and prevention of mechanical and electrical issues
- Predelivery mechanical checks and testing of new boat/trailer/engine packages
- Installation of engines and systems where necessary to assist rigging team
- Working in conjunction with the Rigging, Upholstery, Workshop and Grooming teams/contractors to effectively manage the timely delivery of new and used boats
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to write accurate reports for all work completed
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and safe working environment including meeting and exceeding Health and Safety requirements
- Assisting in demonstration/seatest of boats where necessary
- Being flexible to complete other tasks as required by Workshop/Management
- A clean NZ Drivers licence
- 5+ years experience in marine mechanics, preferably Yamaha or major brand outboards.
- A can do attitude and pride in your work
- A friendly, team-orientated attitude and a sense of humour
To apply please send a current CV along with a cover letter telling us why you will be a great fit to Sean at email@example.com