Sell Your Boat
Time to upgrade, downsize or just sell? Family Boats operate a comprehensive second hand sales platform where:
- We offer a free appraisal* on your boat upon arrival including engine and trailer checks and recommend any necessary work to be completed
- We offer professional grooming services where required (full groom, cut/polish services available - cost depending on extent of clean, to be confirmed with you prior to work being completed)
- Your boat is displayed on our yard (over 100,000 vehicles passing our location per day and substantial foot traffic through our premise), online via Autostock, Trade Me/Family Boats website and where appropriate on social media
- We offer demonstrations and sea trial options for prospective clients
- We offer a 3-month warranty, finance options and insurance packages to assist the sale of your boat
- Options to trade, buy outright or sell on behalf
*Family Boats will not charge any appraisal costs if your boat is sold on behalf with us, otherwise an appraisal fee of $259.00 applies payable upfront.
Please send 6-7 images of your boat when submitting this form to firstname.lastname@example.org showing:
- Overall image of boat (side on)
- Overall image of interior
- Cabin areas if applicable
- Dash board image showing electronics etc
- Transom area
- Any damage or notable wear and tear
- We will be in touch via email with an estimated market value and net figure in your hand subject to mechanical appraisal and a full copy of our on behalf sale agreement for signing.
- Payments will be made to the vendor as follows: A minimum 15% deposit on confirmed unconditional sale and purchase agreement followed by payment in full within 30 calendar days of delivery to ensure no underlying issues are present in the hull/trailer/engine that have not been disclosed to Family Boats.
- Comprehensive insurance should be maintained over the boat at all times whilst on Family Boats premises.